EPC of two 138/13.2kV substations
A utility customer needed two 138/13.2kV substations for a client on an extremely tight schedule. Looking for design and construction expertise that would make a quick turnaround possible, the customer turned to Beta. They had worked with us before and knew our ability to deliver quality work within tight timeframes.
To accelerate the engineering process, we mirrored the substation designs based on the substation with the smaller footprint. When rainy weather delayed construction and put us two months behind schedule, we adapted by matting the yard, at no additional cost to the customer.
Just as construction started, the COVID-19 pandemic hit. We added safety measures to protect our team and subcontractors while continuing the project. Our team and subcontractors pulled long hours to get the project back on schedule. Thanks to this team effort, we made up the delay and delivered the project to the customer a week early, which meant they were able to meet their commitment to their customer.
• Three-breaker ring bus design
• Implementation of COVID-19 safety measures
• Extensive weather delays
• Fast turnaround for customer interconnect
• Using construction mats in the substation yard so site work could begin
• Mirrored substation designs to accelerate engineering process from six months to three months