Beta Engineering will be attending the Gulf Coast Power Association (GCPA) MISO South Regional Conference in New Orleans on Thursday, February 18 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside.
Gulf Coast Power Association (GCPA) is a regional electric power trade organization that educates its members about issues impacting contemporary power markets. GCPA offers educational and networking opportunities to 120 corporate members and 300 individual members.
The Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) South Regional Conference will be the third annual winter conference in New Orleans. The conference will focus on the ongoing challenges to MISO South and the Louisiana and Gulf Coast regions.
Topics of discussion will include the following:
- Regulatory overlaps and coordination that affect Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas
- The challenges the industrial sector faces
- Petro-chemical expansions and the response from the generation and transmission infrastructure
- Regional coordination from the perspective of the independent system operators: ERCOT, MISO and SPP
- Regional environmental planning
MISO President and CEO John Bear will deliver the keynote address on the effects of market integration. Experts from ERCOT, MISO and SPP will discuss the challenges getting transmission and power resources built to supply the growing load.
John Sewell and Kevin Tilley from Beta Engineering will be in attendance at the conference. Attendance at the annual MISO South Regional Conference has grown by 50 percent since 2014.
The GCPA 2016 Spring Conference will be April 12-13 in Houston.